Worcester- Assistant Store Manager
High! We’re Diem Cannabis! We are actively searching for an Assistant Manager for our Diem Lynn location.
The Assistant Store Manager (ASM) works closely with the Store Manager to plan and direct the day-to-day operations of the store. This includes maintaining high store standards and conditions, maintaining optimal inventory levels, as well as fostering a positive work environment for Diem’s staff. As a representative of Store Management, the ASM is responsible for ensuring that all company policies outlined in the Employee Handbook, Retail Operating Playbook, Operations Manual, and any additional policies, including those stored on the Gusto or Bambee HR platforms, are properly being followed by the team.
- Ensure systemic conformity to all Standard Operating Procedures and company policies by dispensary personnel
- Issue Corrective Action when necessary (in accordance with the Employee Handbook) for all issues related to employee conduct, violations of policy, veering off procedure, tardiness or unexcused absence.
- Work with dispensary leads and specialists to ensure proper execution of the Standard Operating Checklists; execute the Management Checklist with the SM.
- Aid the employees in solidifying and accomplishing their quarterly rocks
- Maintain up-to-date, accurate, and uniform menus in-store and online.
- Coordinate with budtenders to accomplish operational objectives, including the movement and labeling of inventory, the reporting of item and cash discrepancies, the execution of customer analytic and retention objectives set forth by Marketing.
- Serve as acting Store Manager (SM) when SM is away; assist the Store Manager as directed.
- Develop Interpersonal Development Plans with all team members and aid with the tracking of their performance metrics.
- Develop good client relationships and address customer service needs.
- Assist with the management of inventory, cash, maintenance and other operational functions with appropriate personnel as necessary.
- Oversee the weekly reporting of measurables to Company Scorecards.
- Liaise between company managers, customers and employees.
- Manage Metrc, Flowhub, Dutchie, Gusto, WhenIwork administrative functions.
- Troubleshooting any operational issues with technology or equipment.
- Maintain the overall culture of the store in a manner that is aligned with the company’s vision.
- Escort guests as needed, including but not limited to 3rd party vendors, contractors, regulators, city officials, banking partners, etc.
Store management will work from the “Management Checklist” and report incomplete tasks to the Vice President of Operations on a weekly basis. The expectation is that store management each spend at a minimum 40 hours per week in the dispensary. They should also expect to receive tasks outside of the dispensary day-to-day from Senior Leadership that may require additional hours inside or outside of the store. The role is intended to be primarily people driven, while leaving majority of day-to-day responsibilities to Specialists and the Operations Department.
Essential Skills and Strengths
Strong written and verbal communication skills, strong teamwork skills and positive relations skills to be successful. Self-motivated and has the ability to work independently and make decisions. Utilizes time effectively to complete unfinished tasks within the organization. Excellent organizational skills, detail-oriented. Pleasant, professional, and personable. Able to work well under pressure, resolve conflicts, prioritize tasks, and follow through with ideas. Ability to lead and motivate a team.
*All candidates must be over the age of 21 and willing to submit to state expectations for CORI background checks*
Diem Cannabis is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Pay: $40k – $45k per year
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Employee discount
- Paid time off
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability
- Bonus pay
- High school or equivalent (Required)
- Management: 2 years (Required)
- Cannabis: 1 year (Required)